A couple years ago I started reading the book, unChristian but lost interest. It's based on research by Barna Group and has several dry spurts, which regardless of the book - dry spurts put me to sleep. However, I've had a resurgence of motivation to read. I once heard
David Gergen (a smart guy) explain the need to read in order to develop and boost your leadership capacity. Today, I decided to attempt to read this book in 1.5 weeks to hopefully improve my ignorance of young Americans impression of Christians. This is a quote from one such young American found in Ch.1...
"Christianity has become bloated with blind followers who would rather repeat slogans than actually feel true compassion and care. Christianity has become marketed and streamlined into a juggernaut of fearmongering that has lost its own heart."
I'll keep you updated on how it goes this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment