I feel like I know "Mission Statements" well. I have taken multiple courses in college where I practiced writing mission statements, as well as objectives, and goals. Professors crammed it into my head that it is impossible to plan a good program without a well constructed mission statement. I have practiced writing and saying them in school, and even used them at work. For every project I've done at Cibolo, I have written a mission statement. If there is anything in world that I know...it's mission statements.
BUT I don't have a personal mission statement.
I want to change this.

I'm not sure what my mission statement is yet, but I know the theme would have something to do with kids. Possibly pertaining to the quality of life and their faith development. What happens during a kid's childhood affects the rest of their life. It is important to encourage and support kids early on. I recently read a book that said for every 100 people who do not follow Jesus by the time they reach age 18, only 6 of those individuals will commit their lives to Christ as an adult. This highlights for me the need to continue prioritizing the faith development of children.
I'm not sure what my mission statement is yet, but I know the theme would have something to do with kids. Possibly pertaining to the quality of life and their faith development. What happens during a kid's childhood affects the rest of their life. It is important to encourage and support kids early on. I recently read a book that said for every 100 people who do not follow Jesus by the time they reach age 18, only 6 of those individuals will commit their lives to Christ as an adult. This highlights for me the need to continue prioritizing the faith development of children.
Does this give me a personal mission statement? Not yet Chris Kinsley. But I am working towards it.

Thanks for joining me in trying to figure one out. Welcome to the wondering.
ReplyDelete